Sunday, November 6, 2016

My Girl-Scraplift Sunday



Today it's Scraplift Sunday at Paper Issues and we are lifting the creative Kathy Skou and this amazing layout of hers with gorgeous handstitching that she made for the Knock My Fox Off issue at Paper Issues.
.
I love how she used Doodlebug Flea Market for this sweet layout.  I was inspired by the woodgrain background and her handstitching.  I went with Crate Paper's Cute Girl for my take.
We took these beautiful fall photos at my friend's house and I am such a sucker for birch trees. I love the look of the bark on the photos.  The golden leaves behind my daughter make autumn just glow in beauty!  I followed Kathy's design almost exactly as I wanted this layout to come together fast for me after stitching the flowers to match the colors on the Rainbows striped paper.
 I sketched a floral design similar to the Cute Girl ephemera pieces and then just added more stitching to make them look different. It was fun to mix up the colors of the flowers.  I fussy cut the Be You patterned paper black scallops for the top edge.  The Be You paper from the collection was one of my favorites.
The Cute Girl ephemera pack was my go to for the florals as well as the 6x12 sticker sheet for hearts, title banner, phrase strips, and  flower stickers. 
I added Cute Girl patterned papers for the layers under the photo. I love the colors in this collection and how they truly coordinate from paper to paper.  I love the My Girl patterned papers aqua triangles and Sweetheart soft pink side B of the pocket card paper.  I added more of the Rainbows paper with the stripes of soft yellow-green, as I wanted the colors of the leaves in the photo to pop with the color added behind the photo.
I hope you are ready for next weekend and our PI Fall Crop online on our Facebook Group.
Place your order today at Paper Issues and get your favorite items in time for the weekend crop!  Save 20% with my code: Stacie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!