Tuesday, November 3, 2020

The Ties That Bind: Zip It!

 Hello friends, Stacie here and I am on the Paper Issues blog today with the challenge The Ties That Bind.  When I thought of the challenge, the zipper cut file seemed to fit the connection of binding together! Check it out:

The zipper  Zip It cut file is free from the store and the pretty plaid paper is new Pretty Little Studio Christmas Cheer paper called Licorice. The cut file snowflakes I cut from several winter or snow-themed cut files free in the Paper Issues shop! I wanted to create the feeling that we could zip out the snow for a bit longer as this was a photo from Thanksgiving last year. 

Next up, Ranger Distress Oxides for a light color wash on each snowflake to have a bit more dimension on the page.  I popped up the top layer of the zipper pull with some foam dots to create dimension. I also placed foam squares under the plaid paper to scatter the snowflakes under the edges.

It was easy to cut away the center piece of the plaid paper to create a bit of space for the zipper and allowed for the Pink Paislee greenish-teal paper to peek through.   I also tucked the zipper into the rolled up distressed edges of the plaid PLS paper.  

I hope you are dreaming up what you might bind together with this zipper cut file! 
Fall leaves, flowers, snowflakes, or a rainbow?! So many fun ideas to explore!

Happy creating with the new November challenges.
 There is also 30 Days of Thankful happening this month at Paper Issues.

  I sure hope to see what creative ideas you have this month!
If you use this cut file tag #picutfile so we can find your pages!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
I have not been on here in almost a year...and what a year it's been!




1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!