Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Love You to the Moon

This page was inspired by Paige Evans Make it Big class at Studio Calico. 
It started from this sketch:
After cutting the wavy strips apart, I cut the letters from the sketch on top of scraps from SC kits as a cutting guide. Here's how it looked before pictures and stitching.
A close up of the fun moon flair from a SC kit and other puffy stickers.
And another view:
I had wanted to do a hand cut lettering page, so this was the perfect class to inspire me to make a layout. I changed out the V after sewing the grid one down as it appeared navy instead of black! 
Here's a link to Paige's blog for more lengthy hand cut lettering quotes :
She's even featured my page as one from our student gallery. I'm pretty honored that she added me to her blog post!
Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!