Thursday, August 11, 2016

Loved this: Flamingo Wall

Hello flamingos! I was all heart eyes when I spied this building painted in flamingos in Chicago. 
I mean how often do you just find the perfect building to match your Paper Issues order card and washi tape to??
For this layout, I used a sketch by Creative Scrappers to start my design.
I liked the natural paint blocking that was already done on the Fancy Free paper from Pink Paislee. It was an easy way to incorporate the sketch and color without having to do mixed media! I spent my time in Silhouette Studio  rotating the design in the circles for variety before welding them in a grid.
I layered Fancy Free paper strips and washi tape and added hand stitching. I use the Amy Tangerine stitching kit to poke the holes with the protector mat behind the paper.
The circles are from the Inner Circle cut file from The Cut Shoppe into two grids to make up the two sections cut out of Fancy Free paper. I added the title from Dear Lizzy Saturday Thickers and embellished it with my Fancy Free stash! This is my take on Go for the Gold at Paper Issues as it was a favorite travel pic from this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!