Friday, May 19, 2017

Free File Friday: Mom Life

Hello and hooray for Friday!  It's another look at Free File Friday on the Paper Issues blog. It's a great week to celebrate moms, friendships, daily life (it's a feat somedays!!), and other special ladies in our lives!  I love this picture of my mom and I on Mother's Day a few years ago and was glad to get it documented!


Here's a closer look at this layout and cut files:

I cut the heart in black and white cardstock to make it shadowed and more prominent against the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes patterned paper. Next, I added mixed media packaging technique to add mint and pink to the background.  To lighten the colors and blend out the background, I added white gesso over the center of the page where the cut file heart will be.


I love Maggie Holmes' Chasing Dreams collection and used tags to back the mom life open letters.  Here's better look at the mixed media colors peeking through.


 I love the Chasing Dreams puffy gold hearts and the dimension they add!  I popped up the mom life cut file with foam dots.

Thanks for taking a peek at this layout!  It was a good challenge for me to use a bold and busy background paper for a sweet page about my mom and I.

Check out the Paper Issues Free Files for the Mom Life cut files or the Slices of Life file for more day in the life or mom moments! If you use one of the cut files, be sure to post your project on the Facebook challenge thread.
As always, save 20% in the PI store on all of the gorgeous Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams or anything else that makes you happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!