Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Swag Bag: Little Explorer Love

Hello!  It's my fave time of the month--a new swag bag is in the house!  Cassie has an amazing kit for August and I hope you are fast enough to buy one before they sell out. Check out the Paper Issues blog for more inspiration from the design team.

I was inspired by the Amy Tangerine Hustle & Heart items that were in the August kit. This prompted me to grab the across the waves paper from this collection as my background.  I really love how this turned out. It is perfect for Ryan running and exploring the beach at Newport Coast. The ombre heart paper is so adorable peeking out in the photo mats.


I mixed in a few embellishments from the June swag bag kit. I loved the Crate Paper Little Explorer title piece and it was the perfect match to my Love from AT Hustle and Heart ephemera pack. The little map stars, blue twine, rubber heart charm all coordinated with my theme.


 I added watered down white acrylic paint for the final drops of mixed media. I love the watery effect it gives the background. The burlap paper was such a fun texture and layer to add to my beachy photo.
  I added layers of 4x6 and 3x4 cards from the August kit. The AT enamel banner pin sticker was the focal piece of the top cluster. They are so cute to add to a project. I love the banner paper clip for wrapping twine and looping the twine into a grouping. Enamel dots were in the June kit and I love the little drops of shine they add.

These swag bag kits are the cutest each month, and each is slightly unique 
based on ephemera you get and variations in embellishments.  
It is so worth it to get a few or a small bit of all the cool things
 in the shop that have caught your eye.  I still have soooo much left of my August kit. 
I have so many ideas of how to use them in other projects.  
It is definitely not a kit for one project!
Get your swag bag subscription or take your chances at month to month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!