Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year! Get in Motion!

Happy New Year!
I am up on the Paper Issues blog with a new challenge.
This January Challenge is all about things in motion.
I don't know about you, but coffee is what signites me into motion each day!


Motion or movement on the page could also be interpreted as the repeated circles and patterns on the page. The Joyful cut file includes circles that I cut in varying sizes and cut the coffee cups and sleeves into circles to layer around the photo.  For this design, I used two large coffee cups.


I started with white gesso on the red patterned paper to soften the edges around the circles.
 Next, I added  the splatters. 
I dry them with a hair dryer after each color of splatters so they don't smear/blend.
 The paint is watered down acrylic paint in red, black, and green.
Yes, total advertisment for Starbucks.  This is my third yearly design using their special cups.
This year, I had to document trying a new flavor: Juniper Latte. 
Also, I love that it shows I was drinking more coffee at 4 pm!! 
Tis' the Season to need
more hours in the day to do all the things!


 Yes, I agree--coffee=magic!



Love these Christmas Thickers in a wood tone color from Crate Paper Merry Days.  The mini foam alpha from Pink Paislee are perfect for secondary title words!



Make the 1st day of the new year a great one with
time to create and play along with the new
*********
Need retail therapy? Gift cards to spend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!