Friday, May 24, 2019

Free File Friday:Sailing

Hello!  Happy Memorial Day long weekend for those of you celebrating! It's almost summer vacay here, so naturally my focus was past summer trips!  I am up on the Paper Issues blog today with a fun way to layer your cut files as a texture and design element!

The Vicki Boutin Color Kaleidoscope paper pad had this
 blue toned water color background that was perfect for my base.
  I added more watercolor drops and splatters from other colors
 to add more splashes in the background. 
I sewed on the free cut file:
 Sailing into Summer waves and splattered some more!


My little dude showing his shaka sign- hang loose, especially when you're sailing in Hawaii!


Add sewing machine to stitching lines for more movement and texture to the background.


I can't wait for you to try a cut file in a new way. 
Maybe it is taking a smaller cut file like these waves
 and altering them by welding them together to create a longer strip of waves.
  Another idea would be to use a cut file in a repetitive way
in your background. Try painting or stenciling a background
 with a cut file or altering it with mixed media. 
Cut the cut file out of colored cardstock.
Try backing it or paper piecing a cut file!


Hope you are playing along with the May challenges 

Save 20% on all the things you need from the Paper Issues store!  
There are so many new collections, free cut files,  and PI kits to try out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!