Monday, October 21, 2019

To the Moon and Back: Ad-spiration Challenge

I am up on the Paper Issues blog today to show you how this Ad-spiration challenge came together!
The dark background was a fun depature into space and away from the normal light or white cardstock base!


Here's the stunning ad for the October challenge:
I love that you could also be inspired by the books, 
stars, reading quote, night sky, latern light,  and colors!
No photo description available.

 I took in the night sky vibe and went with it! 
 I layered mix media swirls on the background, splattered paints, and then topped it off with gold thread machine stitching!

So many swirls of stitching! 
 My machine did not like the tacky surface of the paint and
 I ended up re-threading the machine so many times! 
But, in the end, I think the effect of golden circles was worth the extra effort!
 If you haven't tried using a dark background recently, 
I challenge you to try this out-of-this-world background with an outer space vibe!


Thank you for stopping by the PI blog and playing along in the Facebook group with this month's challenges.  The Monster Bash Fall Crop is this week-- are you joining in on the fun?
Image may contain: text

Grab the new October kit while you are shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!