Friday, August 25, 2017

Free File Friday: Cut File Background

It's time for another round of Free File Friday at Paper Issues.  This month we are challenging you to use a cut file background.  I went with the sunburst background as one of my layers.  I painted and smooshed (packaging technique) the sun cut file with gelatos to match the Fancy Pants Hello Sunshine collection.


Close ups of the design:

I stitched a frame of Fancy Pants Hello Sunshine black floral paper on top of the background cut file.  The banners were stitched on next in the upper corner.

The cut file has a layer of gelatos over parts of it from the center outward.  I layered it over the water color blue paper. I love the shimmer of gold on some of the ephemera pieces from Fancy Pants. I used foam adhesive to pop up parts of the ephemera around the photo.


 The rubber paper clips are definitely a favorite with this collection. I love the texture it adds to the layering.

Get the sunburst cut file and 100s more for free at Paper Issues in the Free Files tab. We are excited to see which background you select to use in your crafting this month. Play along now through September 2nd and post your projects in the PIFF August album for Free File Friday.

Use my code: Stacie to save 20% on all of your purchases at Paper Issues online shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!