Tuesday, January 20, 2015

5 Faves: Enjoy Getaways

I used various papers in my stash to sew strips to create a border at the top and the bottom to add interest to the text background paper.  I sewed down the center of the strips and lifted them at the top and bottom for added texture and shadows for depth.  The photos were grouped based on a weekend getaway we took this past September.  The "enjoy" is a cut file found on Kerri Bradford Design's website/blog.  To make it stand out, I watercolored the area behind it for added visual interest.  I used an enamel dot for the j.  The little bits on the page are from October Afternoon and Studio Calico.  The wood veneer and doily were from a Studio Calico kit.
Photo tips to try on your next adventure:  Take photos of the various textures on the ground, capture your feet or shoes in action, and find a reflection as I did in the rearview mirror or in something else!


2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!