Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Hardest Step is the First One

I have had the "I need to get organized and get my pictures onto a blog" on my to-do list for several years now.  I have read blogs, followed blogs, and commented.  It is easy to spend time perusing others' fab blogs getting inspired and losing track of time!  Today, two weeks into the new year, was my push to get one started.  So here it is, and slowly I will get it all figured out to customize.  Baby steps!
 
Amy Tangerine's Stitched collection from American Crafts was perfect to accompany a picture from a trip to Hawaii.  Having a larger quote style title was a fun way to tie in a two page spread. 

 I started doing only 8 1/2 x 11 pages and then exclusively only made coordinated two page 12 x 12 spreads for years.  Lately, I am all about doing random 12 x 12 pages without much thought or stress into what comes next in the album!  This was exciting to challenge myself to get back into two page spreads!
Here's the double pager:
#Aloha I need more of that in my travel plans!
For a close up:
Sewing the tissue paper fringe was a bit challenging to align straight, so I went for the hula skirt random look and used the corner that was bare to sneak in this little thought and some heart stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!