Monday, October 10, 2016

Mix It Up Monday: Burst Stencil

Today it all kinds of fun, it's Paper Issues Mix It Up Monday with Orange Gearle and she is challenging us to use stencils with our projects.  I have been loving the colors in Pinkfresh Studios Indigo Hills and couldn't wait to use my distress inks with a 12 x 12 Heidi Swapp stencil to make this burst layout.
Ryan found this "tunnel" during his brother's football game.  He kept running through it as though he was a pro football player coming through the tunnel yelling with all of his might!  I started by adding gesso to the background.  I then layered the stencil with the distress inks.
After everything was dry, I used the stencil to trace the solid parts onto the Pinkfresh papers.  I love the indigo blue Blue Valley papers and gold pops in the Pinnacle paper.
I then added stitching in blue and gold to the border of the beams and lifted the edges up.  This created a cool dimension and movement that I wanted to accompany this action picture.
It is pretty much a favorite of mine to get the machine stitching on my pages.  I bet my mother never thought I'd use the machine she gave me, let alone dream I'd be stitching on paper!! 

I also used the free cut file from Paper Issues Cut it Up October and used the arrow negative pieces from it.  
I love the two alphas that are part of the Indigo Hills collection.  The leather style mini alphas with blue splatters and then the blue puffy alphas for the main words in the title.  I can't wait to see how you use your stencils in your projects this month!  Join us on Facebook to show us what you are inspired to make!  You can find these Pinkfresh items in the Paper Issues store and so much more.  Save 20% with code: Stacie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!