Friday, December 22, 2017

Free File Friday: Holiday Joy

It's almost Christmas and we are sharing free files at Paper Issues Free File Friday! Get your holiday pictures documented with some fun cut files that are all instant download and free at Paper Issues.  This design is built on the stitching snowflake background and smaller snowflakes are from Circles & Snowflakes.
I adore this photo of my littlest and how he looked in his buffalo check Christmas jammies and how he loves the candy mustaches that I made for a fun treat/photo op!

Image may contain: 1 person, text

I hand stitched it with silver and white baker's twine. I added messy silver threads for dimension under snowflake embellishments or cut files. I added more patterned paper from Falala to the grouping at the top and bottom border. The silver watercolor was a soft, subtle way to add shimmer and shine in the splatters!


I loved the buffalo check embellishments including the Joy stickers for my title. I finally used my stash of enamel dots that are glittery.


The cut file is attached to the background but I kept it as is  (lifted up) in some parts to add natural shadows and dimension. The snowflakes with the silver thread look like they could be floating down!


I love this buffalo check paper peeking out from the snowflake cut file.  It adds a vibrant pop of color against the white. The embellishments for Crate's FalaLa are so perfect.  I love the many tags and banners that were included!


So there you have it, turn on your favorite holiday music, NetFlix, or the Hallmark movies and pull out the Silhouette and start creating! Use any PI cut file to create a holiday or winter project.Play along as much as you are able now through Dec. 31st.
There's a huge year end sale at Paper Issues. Be sure to check the PI blog and Facebook rounds for the code to get the 50% discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!