Monday, December 12, 2016

Mix It up- the Red Cup Edition

Today it is all about mixed media at Paper Issues for a new Mix It Up Monday with Dona!  This month she is challenging us to keep it mainly a gray, black, and white LO with a pop of color. 

I focused on using some of my Elle's Studio Tis the Season items for this layout.

Here's the quick process I did for this mixed media LO:  
 I started out by applying clear gesso on my white cardstock.  I dry it immediately with my heat gun to minimize warping. 
 Next, I applied layers of silver mist from Mr. Huey's and black ColorShine mixed with water for the packaging technique. 
 Then, I added splatters of gray and white watered-down, acrylic paint.  I added splatters of paint on my black cardstock before I cut it into circles.

I stamped my title using the fun Malia alphabet stamps from Elle's Studio.  I cut the Elle's Studio Countdown paper into smaller circles to break up the red and black.

Elle's Studio has such cute acrylic pieces to go along with their collections.  I loved this good cheer piece and how it worked so well to be part of my title.


I used some flair from Feed Your Craft.  I love the black and white love sentiments!


The stitched silver metallic thread stars were fun to sprinkle throughout.  The metallic thread is always a struggle to work with, but I love the results!
I covered up the big green Starbucks logo on the larger cup circle.  It ended up being too distracting!  Elle's Studio Countdown paper to the rescue!!


 One last close up pic!  Thanks for checking out the details on this fun Mix It Up Monday at Paper Issues!  I hope you are inspired to get messy with your projects!

I hope you find some time this holiday season to include some of the details of your December into your projects!  Upcycle a red cup, napkin, ticket stub, business card, receipt, etc...  It is fun to see these items on your projects to compare and reflect back on in a few years!

Get messy and don't forget to stock up with all the fun supplies at Paper Issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!