Sunday, September 25, 2016

Paper Issues Scraplift Sunday: My Layout!

I am so excited that my mixed media layout that I shared for September's Mix It Up Monday was selected to inspire our feed today at Paper Issues.  Here's my first layout using Crate Paper Cute Girl:
I played along today and used Crate Paper Cute Girl once again for this scraplift.
I busted out the fringe scissors to create these two strips of striped Rainbows paper.  I gessoed the background cardstock ahead of time to let it dry.  I then used the mixed media packaging technique with a scrap of plastic packaging.  I added the watercolors in layers to recreate the colors on the Cute Girl paper.
I stitched them on and added the additional CP Cute Girl ephemera, rubber shapes (I had similar stickers), and chipboard. I kept it simple as the background has a lot of color and all of the texture from the fringe!

Cousins are best friends!  These two are so imaginative and think of fun things to fill their days.  With American Girl dolls and a Grandma that custom sews for them, they get to have lots of matchy-matchy moments like this!  Of course since the photo session, they now have exact dress replicas for their dolls.  Grandma makes it all coordinate perfectly!!
Check out Paper Issues for all things cute and trendy.  Save 20% with my code: Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!