Saturday, March 11, 2017

Cut It Up March



This month is all about lucky stars!  Check out the PI Blog for the inspiration for Starry background.
No automatic alt text available.
I was inspired to create this background after looking at my stars loading into my Starbucks app.  Creative vibes can strike even when all you have is coffee on the brain!

I went with Shimelle's Little By Little collection to add to the starry vibe!  I love when I can create a messy mixed media background for my nighttime sky and build the layers above it.  The title has openings making it perfect for papers or mixed media to peek through.


I originally thought of cutting the file into rectangles and having parts of the file be near the right and left edges.  In the end, I went with the triangles to bring out the pointy star design and help accentuate my photo.  Messy packaging technique and splatters added to the mixed media layers of colors added over the gesso.

I used some of the single stars included in the title cut file section, to pop up with foam adhesive and layered puffy stickers above that.  The Little By Little foam phrase Thickers include many stars which are perfect for using in the title or scattered over the cut file.  I added teal stitching over the cut file border to add texture and color.


My journaling totally went wonky over the gesso and bumpy surface on the cardstock/mixed media.  I am ok with it not being my fanciest writing.  It is a quick message to my son telling him how he was the ultimate snuggle bug of all of his siblings.


Head over to the Paper Issues free files section to get this month's file and download the others you need.  I like to cut the files in bulk, so when I get the chance to scrap things are all ready for me!

Tag Paper Issues on social media so we can send some love your way.  I love seeing your creative uses for the cut files.  Link your PI cut file projects to the Cut It Up Facebook album.  It is fun to see how you are able to use these free cut files.  Try making a card, pocket page or layout, super size one star and stitch around it.  Use the offset button to create a border around a single star.

See you all online next weekend for the Spring Crop March 17-19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!