Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Paper Issues:Spotight on Doodlebug Design

Welcome!  Today on the Paper Issues blog, we are showcasing the newest collections from Doodlebug Design in the Paper Issues store.  I chose to focus on Fun in the Sun for this project.  I love the beachy vibe from this striped paper!

For the title, Life is Good in Summer, I wanted it to be anchored at the bottom of the page.  I added white gesso all around the photo area and around the word summer.  Next, I used the packaging technique and aqua watercolors/blue gelatos to add the drops of water and splashing effect around the page.  The cut apart section, "Life is Good" is from this awesome paper, perfect for card making as well!  I added Doodlebug stickers to the Summer cut file from The Cut Shoppe.  These are the Open Letters alphabet cut file set.
 
I added the Doodlebug Fun in the Sun stickers in groups around the page and messy threads.  To add more blue to the white gesso area, I stamped hearts from the Amy Tangerine's Oh Happy Life roller stamp.  I loved these pictures of the two cousins jumping in over and over on a hot July day at the lake!  I hope you are still documenting all of your summer adventures!  
As always, check out the Paper Issues blog and follow up with a look at the store.  If you HAVE to have new paper pretties in your stash and haven't ordered from Paper Issues, try the store out!  I promise you will love unwrapping your extra fancy Paper Issues paper goods.  If you'd like to save 20% in the store use my code: Stacie


2 comments:

  1. I think Fun in the Sun is my favorite summer collection this year! The girls look like they were having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved these bright papers! Summer is the best for moments like these!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!