Sunday, September 18, 2016

Personalize Your Pages

Hello!  I am excited to have my first blog post up today on the Paper Issues blog.  I love to find new ways to use the things I buy and today I am sharing how to personalize your projects with title details and background ideas!

It is sometimes hard to use up all of the ephemera pieces that come with a collection.  I wanted to use several pieces from the new Amy Tangerine Oh Happy Life collection to add details and interest throughout my layout.  Since my daughter was looking over the top of her glasses at the newly fallen hail after a summer storm, I put the glasses from the ephemera in the word 'Look'.  I also used the acetate word crazy as it still allows you to see the hand stitched cloud below it.

I bought the Amy Tangerine stamps and wanted to use the cloud as a background paper design.  I used her 11AM patterned paper as a guide to picking my ink colors and making the white on white stitched clouds as a texture and fun design element to mix up the stamping.  I stamped a cloud on a scrap and cut it out to create my template for where to poke holes for stitching.  I use the Amy Tangerine Embroidery kit to poke the holes and love the foam pad that goes under the paper I am working on.
Stitching is great to do while catching up on your favorite tv series or movie!  It does take a bit of time, but I love the added look they give a layout.

I used the die cut tag as a layer under my photo as a pop of white to draw the eye into the photo detail of the hail.  I added several clear stickers throughout the page from the sticker booklet. I also added a little bitty puffy cloud sticker up at the top to draw attention to the top of the title.  Using a mix of fonts, textures, and alpha stickers can bring colors from the layout together and create a unique look.

Thanks for taking a peek today at how I add to my pages and use my supplies to personalize my page to my photos!  Get all of these Amy Tangerine products and more at Paper Issues with my 20% off code: Stacie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!