Sunday, February 19, 2017

Swag Bag February

I am always excited to get a monthly Paper Issues Swag Bag in the mail!  Cassie jam packs the kits full of page making bliss!  Of course, these are perfect for so many other types of projects- Project Life, card making, off the page, and planner spreads!
Check out the amazing February Swag Bag:


I used the January Swag Bag kit to make this banner layout.  I was inspired by the sweet banners, ephemera, and stickers included in the kit!  It made this design come together so quickly.  I cut several more banners and flags from other cards and layered the heart day cards with paper scraps and my 2 x 2 photos.


I love starting with gesso and the packaging technique with watercolors for random fun! 
00
 This is how it started:

I layered the pieces and bits from the January kit to make the two strands of banners. The title is You & Me which is a free PI cut file included with the Poppy flowers cut file.  This worked perfect as it is all about our summer date nights. Several papers and ephemera pieces are from Crate Paper Heart Day and others from Pebbles My Funny Valentine!  Those glitter heart stickers added a fun look and texture.  I also glued on a smattering of the sequin hearts included in this kit!



When in doubt--machine stitch it out!  If I get sloppy on the first pass through--I make it part of the design to go over the stitching multiple times! Also, fringe scissor love--I added texture and style to the bottom of several tags by cutting the tags with the fringe scissors.  Love the Simple Stories clear stickers that were included in two of the recent monthly swag bag kits.  These added fun sentiments and helped add interest to papers that were plain!



Thanks for taking a peek today at all things Swag Bag from Paper Issues!  Get your hands on the 6 month subscription to never miss out on the bliss that comes your way-- don't forget that you can use code: Stacie to get 20% off of your subscription to swag bag bliss!

There are always a limited amount of single month to month swag bag kits that are released.  Check in the store today to see if there are any February swag bag kits available! You will love the fun things that are included each month.  I love sneaking them onto so many of my projects!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!