Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Heart Day

Today at Paper Issues it is all about Crate Paper Heart Day!  I LOVE this collection's fun papers, embellishments, and versatile ways to use it beyond Valentine's Day!
I found a pic of the two of us indulging in some amazing ice cream shoppe's-mega portion-waffle cone from St. Paul this summer. 
It was the day before our anniversary so we were posing for the total cheesy love picture! This love cut file heart wreath is free at Paper Issues! Get it here in the free files section of the store!

I went mixed media for my background.  I used layers of gesso, gelatos, watercolors, and India ink splatters. I added a layer- dried it, and then added a new color, this helps to decrease the warping of the paper and keeps the colors from mixing too much!
I love that the hearts are large and it was fast to back them in all of the Heart Day papers.  I popped up the cut file using foam dots and then started layering the embellishments around my photo.  I used a lot of embellies from the January PI Swag Bag.  It was sooooo perfect.  All the little bits necessary to make this LO come together!


I love the 6 x12 sticker sheet for added layers and bits to add around the LO.  I used the sweetheart sticker and hearts on top and lower corners of the design.  I used ephemera pieces to tuck into spots and turned tags into paper pieces for the back of the hearts,


The Heart Day chipboard pieces fit so well with this LO.  I used the cotton candy as my huge ice cream and hello, hot lips!  The PI January swag bag was perfect for the getting XO paper clips!  Some of the Heart Day papers used to back the hearts were also from the January Swag Bag!

 One last peek at the whole LO.  I adore this pretty collection!

Buy all the things. You know you need it!!



2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!