Sunday, January 22, 2017

Swag Bag Snowflake

Today we are up on the Paper Issues blog rocking the amazing PI Swag Bags.  I love the Paper Issues monthly Swag Bag kits that Cassie curates and coordinates so perfectly!  Here's another LO using the December Swag Bag.  I love that this is already the third layout I have made with embellishments, papers, and amazing bits!  I made a different variation of the paper snowflake that was inspired by TillyandArthur on Instagram last year.  This time I altered the shape of the snowflake.

I cut three 3x4 swag bag cards that I wanted to use for this project into 1/2 inch strips.  These are then cut down to the size needed to be the 'v's on the snowflake.  I cut one 4x6 card into 1/2 in. strips as well and these are the snowflake arms that come outward.  

I placed the pieces down with minimal adhesive and then added stitching.  Some spots shifted when I was stitching--so it's a good idea to add more adhesive to avoid the lack of alignment!!  When I finished sewing, I always find it's so hard to cover any of the design up!! 

I layered the photo of my daughter with several beautiful gold 3x4 cards included in the swag bag.  I popped this photo up using foam adhesive.

I love the sequins, Simple Stories clear stickers, gold paper clip, and Fancy Pants Merry & Bright ephemera (all included in the SWAG BAG!!) that worked so perfectly with my LO.  


Just one more close up-- I love the pops of gold scattered throughout this design!  I lifted up the paper strips to add dimension against the snowy Simple Stories Winter Wonderland (similar) paper.


I hope you are keeping your eyes on the Paper Issues store for monthly swag bag releases....or that you sign up for a six month subscription for a monthly swag bag!  

Also, many of the new CHA releases are coming this week! 
You can't beat Paper Issues amazing service and shipping.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!