Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Shimelle Let's Go to San Juan

Today on the blog at Paper Issues it is all about Shimelle and her collections from American Crafts.  I love this fun travel collection she released this summer.  Go Now Go was perfect for my summer travel pics to San Juan, Puerto Rico.  I did more of a tone on tone LO for this photo of me against a gorgeous artsy wall!

It was fun to paper piece the background and do this design off-centered.  I have seen it done centered on the page and wanted to try a varied look.  I had the Cut It Up January challenge free cut file sitting on my desk, so I incorporated it into the photo. I added navy paper and a Shimelle puffy sticker to the cut file.
Here are a few close ups:

Love the bronze glitter Thicker phrases!  It makes thinking of a title so easy!  Also, the sticker booklet had words that went right with this travel themed page and the mini alpha stickers to spell out the city I was in.  The wood buttons and enamel shapes add a bit of fun to the corner of the photo.


Thanks for taking a peek at this fun way to use patterned paper for a textured background!  Sew down those strips of paper and lift them up for shadowing.  Go super colorful or stick with monochromatic like I did!
Have you checked out the Paper Issues store?  All the new AC collections are in the store and more will be in from other companies in the next few weeks.  Save 20% of all of Shimelle and everything else with my code: Stacie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!