Monday, January 9, 2017

Mix it up Monday January

I love to push my messy side on mixed media and love when inspiration hits! 
Here's my take on Mix It Up Monday at Paper Issues.
 I was scrolling Instagram in December and saw this amazing Christmas tree done with green ribbon by Audrey Yeager.  
She mentioned her YouTube process video and ribbon cut file.  
I had the snowy tree pics which honestly is a favorite part of winter in MN.  
I love seeing the trees heavy with fresh snow!
I was super excited to use all of these fun trees, snowflakes, and Brr papers/blue-green paper from Crate Paper Snow and Cocoa.
Lots of pics below to show the process:  Using the tree cut file- added gesso above it. Added acrylic paint in layers using packaging plastic. Then I dried it before adding the white ribbon. Weaved the ribbon through the holes. (I should've watched her video again.  I made mine really full with ribbon as it was hard to know when to stop!!
 Added paint in layers-- added white, yellow, and blue paints--mixed varying shades of green.  I thought I would use the green ribbon in the picture--and then opted for the snowy white!

I threaded through all of the ribbon. I added the splatters of three colors of green mist. I decided the tree looked too messy with the excess green paint on the perimeter, so I added the hand stitching with white thread.
It was so much fun to dig through all of my Crate Paper Snow and Cocoa collection kit for this. I completely love this collection and really didn't get a chance to use much of it yet!
Also, how cute is that B &W mini flair from Feed Your Craft?!  I love it for my date!
 The title was so much fun to mess with and use the trees and snowflakes included on the sticker sheets, ephemera, and Snow and Cocoa chipboard.
 I thought the top edge looked boring so I added scraps and sewed them down.  These little banner pieces from the sticker sheet and cut apart paper worked well!


I hope you are inspired to try something new!  It is the perfect time to stashbust your ribbon, mixed media supplies, or collections of paper you haven't cut into yet!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my GOSH this came out AMAZING! I love the white ribbon with the inky splatters! Thank you SO much for the link up and your page came out absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!