Monday, March 13, 2017

Mix It Up Monday: March

Hello and Happy Monday!  It is back to work after a week of Spring Break and it sure inspired me to get out some summer pictures!  Today is Mix It Up Monday on the Paper Issues blog.  The challenge for March is to use texture on your page with mixed media.  I opted for texture paste and I loved how Heidi Swapp's pink metallic texture paste was the perfect match for Amy Tangerine's On a Whim pink foil stickers and ephemera!


Layers of On A Whim patterned papers and my fave Amy Tangerine foam phrases Thickers from a past collection.  I started with gesso, then added the texture paste in a circle over the Heidi Swapp stencil.   I overlapped spots to create more texture and pattern.  When that dried at used the packaging technique with watercolors splatters in greens, blues, and lastly the pinks.


I love the pink foil ephemera and stickers.  They really accentuated my picture with my bright pink sweater.  It was documenting an amazing dinner by the river in historic Stillwater, MN.  In the lower part of the layout you can see the tear-away strips from three On A Whim papers which I added stitching to each one.


Thanks for taking a peek today,  I hope your week is off to a grand start.  Here's to hoping Spring is truly around the corner and that here in MN that means this new snow melts quickly!

Don't forget about the online Spring Crop with PI in the Facebook group this week Friday-Sunday.  We can't wait for you to see all of the challenges and join us online!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!