Friday, January 6, 2017

Pinspire Me: January Edition

It's time to get sparkly!  Check out the new mood board for Pinspire Me January.  Mary-Ann has crafted an amazing inspirational spring board for you to get started scrapping!

I was inspired by the gold stars, so I used the free PI star background cut file and painted it with gold acrylic paint mixed with gold glitter glue.  It added just enough sparkle!

A few close ups of the mixed media cut file process.  The gold paint was shimmery, but muted.  The gold glitter glue added the littles shimmers of glitter bits.  This was a good contrast against the darker polka dots Hazelwood paper.


Here's how it looked after I dried it with the heat gun.

I loved my son's silly glasses pictures from summer.  They worked with this star theme and I wanted to use one canoe two's AC Hazelwood collection.  I was all about using the gold foam Thickers and the gold phrase Thickers from Hazelwood.


Check out the gorgeous gold sequins from the December Swag Bag!  I added several wavy rows of stitching to adhere the cut file down and  to create a subtle frame around the layout.  I used foam dots to raise up the photos and I matted them with vellum to help them not get lost against the sea of stars.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!