Saturday, October 8, 2016

Sketchy Saturday October

Today is Sketchy Saturday on the Paper Issues blog!  Amy has created a fabulous new sketch for us to use for the month of October!

I am always inspired to try out the sketch!  It is also fun to think of it flipped or rotated as another way to make the sketch your own.  This month, I kept the sketch as is and worked with Crate Paper Cute Girl.
I love the cute Cool Girl mermaid chipboard sticker and pink acetate ephemera heart!
My daughter took a summer vacation with her grandparents, and they sent me pictures of her swimming with the resort mermaids!  How cool is that?! That honestly became the inspiration for working with Crate Paper Cute Girl and this sketch!
 Also, they have the cutest ephemera bucket list with "swim with the mermaids" listed.  This piece was too cream colored, so I cut this version out of a pocket page card Sweetheart paper since it was white. For the sketch circle, I went with stitching multiple circles in the teal color to tie in the mist "water drops." For my title I used the accent sticker LOVE and Puffy Thickers.
I added the black chipboard scallop to the bottom where the sketch had a banner placed.  I also added the puffy Thickers sticker scallop under the title to define it more against the bright yellow "mermaid scale" Cheery paper.  The clear acetate pieces in the ephemera packs can be a bit trickier to use, but in this case, I loved how they showed the patterns through in the layers. I am crushing on these versatile little cardstock "washi tape" look text/phrase accent stickers. I used my fave paper from this collection--the gorgeous "Rainbows" stripe.  I used it across the yellow paper and as a photo mat layer.  The puffy hearts scattered throughout are from the Thicker pack and they help connect the LO from top to bottom.
     Thanks for taking a peek at the details. I can't wait to see how YOU use the sketch! Have fun shopping at Paper Issues for all of this cuteness and so.much.more.  You know you need it! Always a sale--- 20% with code Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!