Saturday, October 22, 2016

Stitch on It

Today I'm up on the Paper Issues blog with the We R High Five collection with a focus on stitching.  I love how stitching whether it be sewing machine stitching, hand stitching, or faux stitching with messy threads can add interest and texture to your project.
The soft blue and gold made me pull out our fall pictures from last year where the golden leaves and rugged dock play off of this vintage vibe in the We R papers.  I love the flair paper and all of the fun sentiments.  They perfectly stated my sweet thoughts about this moment with Dad and toddler son!

The back stitching around the hexagon took a bit of time to do, so I tend to watch a tv show or listen to music. Once it is stitched, I like to make the rest of the page a faster process, which is why I love sticking with the same collection. Next, I backed the cut file openings with High Five papers.  I placed the similar photos-one in color and one in B&W.  I love to have both versions as it captures different feelings and ties in the colors of the page elements.
I love the variety of papers in We R High Five- from bricks, to wood, to plaid, and playful outdoor prints.  The 6 x 12 cardstock stickers are easy to layer and add throughout your project.  I finished the page off with watercolor splatters.
The We R flair, stickers, and ephemera made it so easy to create with a cohesive look.   It helps to coordinate and scrap with speed. I love when a page design comes together as you imagine it! I can't wait to see how you use stitching on your projects. We have fun free stitching cut files in the PI store to try this technique.  If you want these gorgeous We R High Five items, grab them all in the store with 20% off by using code: Stacie
Thanks for checking out the details on my layout.  Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!